I bought this because I needed something a bit plainer than the flashy fold and silver tie clips that predominate the tie clip market. This fit the bill perfectly.
1) Great size. The length of a tie clip can often be frustrating. I wear both skinny and normal ties every day, and this clip works well with both types of ties.
2) Very secure clip. The clip is very secure and holds my ties in place all day long. I find that on average I have to readjust the tie clip maybe once or twice a day, way less than I'm accustomed to.
3) Looks good. The appearance of this clip is a nice matte black. It looks professional and high quality, but doesn't have that flashy look that many tie clips seem to have.
1) Black may not match every color tie/shirt. Black can often clash with a lot of dress colors, so this tie clip has less potential to be a good, everyday tie clip. It makes a great clip for colors that match, but the second you try to wear this with a non-matching color (blues, browns, etc.), it looks A LOT less professional, and sticks out like a sore thumb.
2) The matte black has a semi-rubber feeling to it. It probably greatly helps the durability of the clip, but as a result, lint and dust cling to the clip pretty easily. I find that sometimes during the day, I'll have to rub dust off of the clip. It's not a seriously noticeable problem; just a small issue that you'll appreciate if you use this clip long enough.
Overall, if you need a tie clip that isn't gold, silver, or shiny, this is the perfect solution. I highly recommend it, especially considering that its cons are points of nitpicking and not really any serious issue with the clip or its quality.