Cuff-Daddy Buffalo Nickel Cufflinks with Presentation Box
- Buffalo Nickel Cufflinks
- Arrives in hard-sided, presentation box suitable for gifting.
- Covered by Cuff-Daddy's manufacturer product warranty.
- Skillfully crafted from high quality materials
- A Perfect Accessory for your French Cuff Shirt
Here is an actual rare coin mounted to a cufflink post, making it a great fashion statement. With most coins in the US, there is an interesting story. Soon after the Indian Head nickel went into circulation they discovered that the "FIVE CENTS" inscription, which was on a raised mound at the bottom of the reverse, was one of the highest spots on the coin, and thus wore away very quickly. As a result, the design was modified by Charles Barber during its first year of production. Barber removed the raised mound and lowered the relief of the inscription so that it would not wear away as quickly, along with other design changes. However, one problem that was not addressed was the placement of the date. Like "FIVE CENTS" in the original design, the date was placed at a relief that exposed it to a great deal of wear. These a crafted in the U.S.A. by a local artisan.
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer: No
- Package Dimensions: 2.8 x 1.6 x 1.5 inches
- Item model number: CD-731
- Date First Available: September 4, 2007
- ASIN: B000VP95A0
- #1545 in Men's Cuff Links